Wednesday, July 23, 2014

My Favourite ways to relax and refill

Hi there, my name is Chica am 29 years old (forever 22 lol) am a newbie, been married for 2 years and a mother to a bouncy 1 year toddler.
Being a wife and a mother is not easy! I am definitely an imperfect mom and I love this bible study for it!!! So with being a wife, mom and working full time I don’t have much time to relax and refill, but when I do I have a couple of minutes to myself I love to:
1.Daydream… I love dreaming about the places I wanna go (which often involve a beach or sitting under a tree)

2. I Loooooooooove reading It’s one of my guilty pleasures and I read any and everything! Even random pamphlets when am standing on a queue or in a doctor’s office, you get the gist.
Pleasure number 3 is movies… I Love either staying home or going to the movies… I just relax and enjoy not having to stress about anything else.
 Of course these are not in any order but one thing that relaxes me and brings me Joy is playing with my bundle of Joy!!! Seeing him squeal with delight when we are playing is so refreshing and assures me that am doing ok as a mom even if no one recognises it.
 My greatest source of relaxation and peace though, is reading my bible and pray.. Do you know how you feel when you are just fresh out of the shower? Yeah that’s how I feel when I pray and read my bible, and nothing relaxes me and makes my day go better than when I’ve started it with a prayer.
 So these are the things I do to relax and refill.

Thank you for stopping by and do leave your link so I can read your post too!!

Ps. These are Not me in the Pictures Neither are they my picutres

Chica, A Boys Momma




9 comments:

  1. Love your ideas on how to relax and refill! Especially starting your day in prayer. I can relate to you about loving to read. It's one of my favorite things as well. Thanks for sharing!

    http://mommaneedsaminute.wordpress.com/2014/07/23/this-is-all-i-have-to-give-blog-hop-week-2-prov-31-ministries-online-bible-study/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i feel like when my day doesnt start out with prayer (and it happens more often than i would like to admit) it just doesnt go quite right. Prayer just clears everything out! thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all those pictures. Beautiful ways to relax and refill. I am a popcorn lady too and love my Bible and studies at P31. Thanks for sharing. Debbie W. (Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team) P.S. Here's my link. http://mixwilliams.wordpress.com/2014/07/23/my-god-love-story/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha popcorn lady! yes am definitely one!!! am starting to learn to fall in Love with my bible too, embarassed to say that i was a quick-prayer-chick but now i want and my sould needs a deeper connection with the Lord

      Delete
  4. Chica, I totally agree with you that nothing makes my day go better than when I start it out with God! I have actually gotten to the place where I am scared not to start my day this way because I know what kind of day it will lead to. Thank you so much for sharing!

    Tonya ~ Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! i already know how my day is gonna go when i dont read my bible but sometimes i still dont read it. but now am learning to go back to My first and original Love

      Delete
  5. I love movies too, Chica. Like you said, we can just relax and not worry about anything during those 2 hours. It is one of the few times my mind stops spinning enough to get lost in the story. And there is nothing like buttered movie popcorn!!

    ReplyDelete

What you think?: